ICHEC is the National High-Performance Computing (HPC) Centre which manages the Irish National supercomputer ‘Kay’ on behalf of the State. The Atos QLM-E is the world’s highest-performing commercially available quantum simulator offering up to 12 times more computation speed than the original Atos QLM.
The Atos QLM E is also an integral component of the ‘NEASQC’ project, in the €1bn European flagship quantum initiative, of which Ireland is a partner along with 11 other European companies and research labs, and which is coordinated by Atos.
Under the Quantum Programming Initiative, ICHEC is developing the software ecosystem and programming expertise for quantum platforms. Projects in this domain include:
- EU Quantum Flagship NExt ApplicationS of Quantum Computing (NEASQC).
- Quantum Natural Language Processing (QNLP).
- Quantum Chemistry Analysis of PFAS Pollutants (QPFAS).
- Efficient Quantum Circuit Simulations on Exascale Systems (QuantEx).
- ICHEC is also hosting the 2nd Quantum Flagship European Quantum. Technologies Conference in Dublin, Ireland in November 2021.