At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Xanadu is seeking a full-time Experimental Physicist to work within the hardware team (20+ physicists and engineers) to develop and optimize all aspects of their transition edge sensor technology and its integration with existing systems. This role involves full-stack systems-level product design, construction, prototyping, testing, and assembly of cutting-edge cryogenic photon number resolving detectors. In addition, candidates may be responsible for writing patents describing these devices and their capabilities, when applicable. Successful applicants will have a proven track record of the following:
- PhD in Experimental Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related relevant discipline
- At least 1 year post-doctoral or industry experience (preferred)
- Experience working in a collaborative team-based development environment
- Experience with independent operating of sub 1 Kelvin cryogenic fridges, preferably with either an adiabatic demagnetization refrigerator and/or dilution refrigerator
- Experience installing apparatus intra cryostat and conducting cold measurements
- Strong record of independently led projects
- Experience automating and developing hardware control code for complex systems using Python
- Experience with standard mechanical CAD design tools
- Custom PCB design and testing
- Relevant experience in photonics, integrated optics or laser science
- Experience with technical product development
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.