AegiQ is a dynamic nanotechnology company developing high-performance photonic systems across applications in quantum security, next generation imaging and quantum information processing.
Recently spun-out from the University of Sheffield, AegiQ is currently recruiting a cross-disciplinary team to develop its product portfolio based on deterministic sources of single photons.
Our technology is stemming from over two decades of research at the University of Sheffield and the Sheffield Quantum Centre, which is also the home of the National Epitaxy Facility (for III-V semiconductors), and is a centre of excellence in nano- and semiconductor technology.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant start-up at an early stage of the company’s development and have the opportunity to professionally develop in tandem with the growth of the business.
You will be part of AegiQ’s core R&D team. While your focus will be on fabrication of nanophotonic devices based on III-V quantum dots, you will work in a team combining expertise in nanophotonic design, simulation, characterisation, semiconductor nanofabrication, systems and product development. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining AegiQ’s nanofabrication processes and procedures as well as working on nanophotonic design, and work in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
• Design and fabrication of III-V (GaAs-based) nanophotonic devices
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience in nanophotonic structure design and/or fabrication
• Experience in cleanroom process engineering (III-V semiconductors)
• Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional organisational skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Experience in industry and product development
• Experience in nanophotonic structure design
• Experience in quantum optics and/or spectroscopy
• PhD in semiconductor processing, photonics and/or quantum technologies