AegiQ is a dynamic nanotechnology company developing high-performance photonic systems across applications in quantum security, next generation imaging and quantum information processing.
Recently spun-out from the University of Sheffield, AegiQ is currently recruiting a cross-disciplinary team to develop its product portfolio based on deterministic sources of single photons.
Our technology is stemming from over two decades of research at the University of Sheffield and the Sheffield Quantum Centre, which is also the home of the National Epitaxy Facility (for III-V semiconductors), and is a centre of excellence in nano- and semiconductor technology.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant start-up at an early stage of the company’s development and have the opportunity to professionally develop in tandem with the growth of the business.
The post holder will be part of AegiQ’s core R&D team. The diverse role will work across AegiQ’s core technology development based on semiconductor quantum dots and play a significant role in the design, simulation, fabrication and testing of single photon source (SPS) modules and systems.
• Development of AegiQ’s deterministic SPS systems
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience in nanophotonic structure design and/or fabrication
• Experience in experimental quantum optics (NIR spectroscopy)
• Experience in cleanroom process engineering (III-V semiconductors)
• Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional organisational skills
• Excellent team working and communication skills
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Optical simulation expertise (Zeemax, Lumerical)
• Experience in industry and product development
• Experience in cryogenic systems
• Experience of programming (MATLAB, Python)
• A PhD in experimental quantum photonics or a closely related discipline.