At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
As part of the Hardware Team, you will work with our established team of physicists and engineers to scale and deploy our integrated photonic quantum computation platform. Further duties include designing and construction of production-grade components and establishing a supply chain for those components. You will be responsible for maintaining Xanadu’s existing cloud-accessible quantum computers, as well as building new such devices and readying them for a production-level environment. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishments in optical hardware development.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergrad or Masters in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
- Academic or industrial experience in photonic engineering
- Strong understanding of photonics and electronics
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in photonic engineering
- Experience with lasers, modulators, and photodetection
- Experience with EDA software, PCB fabrication and assembly
- Experience designing mixed signal PCBs consisting of ADCs, DACs etc.
- Experience with nonlinear optics, product development, and chip-integrated photonics an asset
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.